Aquatic Physical Therapy is part of an integrated approach to functional rehabilitation.
The patient is taken through a series of shallow and deep water exercises that are
designed to improve:
• Neuromuscular Control
• Strength and Flexibility
• Coordination and Balance
• Aerobic Endurance
• Function of Postural Muscles
• Weight-bearing tolerance and ability
• Specific movements of body that are too difficult or painful to do on land.
The benefits of exercising in water are that it:
• Provides a safe environment; patient will not fall and injure themselves
• Reduces or eliminates shock and stress to the joints and soft tissue
• Provides support and compression to the soft tissue and therefore helps reduce swelling
• Can be used to assist or resist movements.
The following are a few examples of who may benefit from an Aquatic Rehabilitation Program:
• Neck or Back Pain
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Pre / Post Partum
• Orthopedic Condition / Surgery
• Pain caused by gravity
• Pain or disabilities which limit the ability to exercise on land
The program is supervised by a licensed Physical Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant certified in Aquatic Therapy.
Please come prepared with towel, bathing suit or clean t-shirt/shorts if desired, and shower shoes or flip-flops.
Body soap is provided.
[ TOP ]
© 2015 Designed and Maintained by Gainesville Designs, Inc. All Rights Reserved